Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krish_indus
Level 4

checkin method didn't return if network connection is broken

Hi Robert,

We are facing problems with the checkin() method in the following scenarios,

Scenario #1:: License client running and License server running but the network connection between them is broken.
------------------

In this case if we try to checkin the checkedout License, then the checkin method didn't return and it waits till the connection is established. Actually the checkin is happening once the connection is established. But the problem is if the connection is not established the checkin method didn't return till that.

Is there any way to override this behaviour. Or is there any way to set the timeout for the checkin.

Scenario2 :: License client running , License checkedout successfully but the License server is down.
------------------------
In this case the checkin method returned in a minute with exception. After this failure, i believe this particular License object will not be removed from the checked out list and doing heart beating to the License server. But in our case , we don't want this particular object hearbeating to the License server and we need to remove the same from the memory(i.e. checkedoutlist).

How we remove that License object from the memory.?

Please guide us with the above scenarios.

Thanks in Advance,
Krish.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
krish_indus
Level 4

Hi ,

Please help me to overcome this problem.

Regards,
Krish.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

To begin with question (1), offhand I'm not aware of a way to set a timeout for the checkin. What are the heartbeat settings for your application? The heartbeat interval and type are intended to help you detect the missing server and allow your application to react...
0 Kudos