cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jschier
Level 3

Which gsoap Version is used in FNP 11.17.2 ?

Jump to solution

Which exact version of gsoap is used in the FNPCommsSoap included in the FlexNet Publisher 11.17.2.0 Toolkit ?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@jschier , the gsoap version in use will be v2.8.69 but there are future plans to upgrade it to at least v2.8.106 (based on available informations at present) in near future.

Unfortunately there is no fixed date for particular enhancement, but i would guess it to be done in next year releases of FNP.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@jschier , the gsoap version in use will be v2.8.69 but there are future plans to upgrade it to at least v2.8.106 (based on available informations at present) in near future.

Unfortunately there is no fixed date for particular enhancement, but i would guess it to be done in next year releases of FNP.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

I'm glad to read your consideration for updating gsoap and hope that this enhancement will come soon. Because the current used version has the vulnerability CVE-2019-7659 rated with an CVSS 3.0 scoring of 8.1 which is HIGH.

0 Kudos

@jschier , Engineering has confirmed that  in accordance to "CVE-2019-7659" - The vulnerability will be introduced if gsoap is build with WITH_COOKIES flag enabled. In FNP, gsoap is built without WITH_COOKIES. Hence, mentioned vulnerability will not impact FnpCommsSoap.dll or FNP.

Irrespective of that an upgrade of gsoap is on the FNP roadmap items.

0 Kudos