cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricBrunel
Level 3

Unable to build FlexNet Licensing Toolkit on Ubuntu Linux 16.04.5 32 bits

Hello all,

I'm trying to build a 32 bits vendor daemon on Linux 32 bits with the latest FlexNet version (11.16). But it seems the utilities provided in binary format with the Linux 32 bits distribution do not work on this distribution. For example, with lmrand1, here is what I'm getting:
$ ./lmrand1 
bash: ./lmrand1: No such file or directory

But the results of the "file" and "ldd" commands on this executable look fine:
$ file lmrand1 
lmrand1: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-lsb.so.3, for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped
$ ldd lmrand1
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb7fbb000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7f84000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xb7f2f000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb7f12000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xb7d5c000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xb7d57000)
/lib/ld-lsb.so.3 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fbd000)

I'm getting the same thing with the "preptool" utility.

So of course, nothing builds, as these utilities are called during the build process.

What can be happening here? The archive I downloaded for Linux 32 bits is named i86_lsb-11.16.0.0_v6.tar.gz; is this the correct one? Which Linux distribution should I use to make sure everything builds OK?

Thanks.
- Eric -
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
raffie
Level 6

Hi Eric,
Usually this is because your system does not have the lsb_core package installed. You (and your customers) will also need that installed to run lmgrd.

Eric
Aparashar
Flexera Alumni

Just a word of caution. Insure the bit version (32 bit or 64 bit), as it creates some problems (based on previous experience in the forum)

Regards,
Abhay
0 Kudos
EricBrunel
Level 3

Hello and thanks a lot for your answers,

I did install the package named lsb-core on my Ubuntu 16.04.5 32 bits machine, and I could build the vendor daemon without problem.

But now I have another problem: the generated vendor daemon executable does not work on our server machine. When I'm trying to run it, it just prints a message "No such file or directory" and doesn't run at all. And the version of Linux installed on this machine is quite old, and I have no clue about how to install this lsb_core package on it. Now we could upgrade our system, but what if a customer have the same problem? We just can't ask them to upgrade a whole machine just to be able to run a FlexNet vendor daemon… Is there any way to build a vendor daemon that does not need the lsb_core package installed?

Thanks again.
- Eric -
0 Kudos
Aparashar
Flexera Alumni

Hi Eric,

Kindly share the error log, and i may be of some help with that.

Along with output of :
-> uname -a
-> FNP toolkit version

Regards,
Abhay
0 Kudos
EricBrunel
Level 3

I'm not sure what error log you're referring to. As I said, the vendor daemon builds without problem. The problem is when I try to run it on our license server:
$ file pragmad 
pragmad: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
$ ldd pragmad
/usr/bin/ldd: line 1: ./pragmad: No such file or directory
$ ./pragmad
-bash: ./pragmad: No such file or directory

But again, I know how to fix that: the OS on our license server is an antique Suse Enterprise Linux that we could upgrade to make it compatible with the lsb-core package. The problem is with our customers: asking them to install a new vendor daemon is something; asking them to install the lsb-core package because our vendor daemon doesn't run without it is another, and we'd really prefer not having to do that.
0 Kudos
JustinJack
Level 3

something like that happened to me.
0 Kudos
Aparashar
Flexera Alumni

Hi There,

Can we insure that the test system is atleast "lsb 4.0 compliant"? If not, kindly install the package and try the same.

Regards,
Abhay
0 Kudos