cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tweakie
Level 2

Running license server on vmware

As stated in this document http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/nl_article_FNP_ESXServer.pdf it should be possible to run FLEXnet license server on VMware ESX server.
I downloaded the latest version of lmadmin and installed it on a Windows XP virtual machine running on VMware ESXi 3.5.
When I import a license file, I get the following error: “Inconsistent server host ID in: path to license file”.
When I check the information at the tab system information at the graphical manager, the information is identical as the information in the license file.

What am I doing wrong?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
lrsatlanta
Level 2

I wish I knew. I've been trying to import a couple of different licenses into lmadmin and have run into that same error. And I'm not using a VM. I'm running my license server on XP on a standalone machine. I have two other licenses already being served from lmadmin with no issues, but the third and fourth return that error.

I've looked everywhere I can and have found no documentation about that error or what to do to fix the problem. I've checked the FlexLM docs, the FlexNet docs, Google, etc. In fact, this thread is the only thing that comes up from a Google search.

I'd really rather not run more lmgrds than I absolutely have to. It just complicates the firewall rules. Any help with this problem would be appreciated (hello Acresso?).

-Lawrence

Oops, I just replied to this post before realizing this thread really belongs in the FlexNet Manager forum.
0 Kudos