cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcheng
Level 5

QUESTION: (P0) How to let FlxExtFilterNew checkout the FNM license (Linux)

Hi,

What steps do we need to take prior to the FlxExtFilterNew() call, to make sure it is able to check out the FlexNet Manager licenses? On Windows we didn't need to do any extra step, since there was a GUI box that popped up and prompt us for the license path. However we are not sure how to specify this in Linux, and this is blocking our testing hence I marked the question P0.

BTW we got the FlxStatNew() to work by creating a lm_handle and setting the license file path to find the FNM's key, and setting the context->job field to the lm_handle. However since we don't have any knowledge of the FlxExtFilterContext structure, we couldn't really use this method here again.

Thanks,
Johnson
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
lnielsen
Level 4

There is a couple of methods to do this:

1) Use the lmpath utillity
2) Include the license path in the environment variables LM_LICENSE_FILE or vendor_LICENSE_FILE (MVSN_LICENSE_FILE)
0 Kudos
jcheng
Level 5

Ok I will try this. Thanks Lars.

-Johnson
0 Kudos
jcheng
Level 5

I tried the LM_LICENSE_FILE env var, and it worked. Thanks.

Can we use this same method for the FlxStat APIs? We assume that FlxStat needs to have 2 license files specified, since one is for the Flexnet Manager license and one is for the actual license server it is querying... Can we simply put both into the LM_LICENSE_FILE, and avoid creating a new lm_job and all that business?

Thanks,
Johnson
0 Kudos
lnielsen
Level 4

Yes, you can use LM_LICENSE_FILE to specify the FlxStat license.The different license paths/files are seperated using : (unix) and ; (windows)

To set up the license path for the server you are quering, you should use flxStatSetAttr with the LM_A_LICENSE_DEFAULT attribute. This attribute is described in more detail in the Programing and Reference Guide that comes with the toolkit. You can set the same attributes with flxStatSetAttr as you can with lc_set_attr. Let me know if you need any further info.

Lars
0 Kudos