cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merlin369
Level 3

Problems with lmutil

For my accounting for our flexlm licenses I was writing a script. The problem is now that with the newer versions of lmutil I will get the output three times in the file :eek: :mad:

I am using
lmutil lmstat -f > c:\temp\temp.txt

The variable LM_LICENSE FILE is set to 27009@server1;27009@server2;27009@server3;27019@server1;27019@server2;27019@server3;27000@server4;7788@server5;27000@server5

server1,server2 and server3 are a license cluster, we have different demons on the servers

With older versions of lmutil it has been working, but with the 11.7 no more. What I am doing wrong and how can I fix it ? I need now the newer version of Flex.

EDIT: It seems that the output correspond to the number of demons on the server !!

Axel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
raffie
Level 6

If by cluster you mean redundant servers then your LM_LICENSE_FILE definition is wrong (not just for lmutil but also for your application clients).
When using redundant servers you need to separate the three servers using commas. So you should have LM_LICENSE_FILE set to 27009@server1,27009@server2,27009@server3;27019@server1,27019@server2,27019@server3;27000@server4;7788@server5;27000@server5

I can't say if that is causing the issue you are seeing, but it could be.

-Eric
0 Kudos
Merlin369
Level 3

Hi Eric,

thanks for your reply, but this is not the reason. I have the same effect if I am using only 27009@server1. It depends on the number od demons, which are running on the port, this means if I have ten demons, that I have in the file ten time all licenses, if I have three demons, than three times.

Axel
0 Kudos
satkinson
Level 2

I'm seeing the same thing.

I've got multiple vendors in the same license file all using the same SERVER.

We're using version 11.4 lmgrd.

Using version 9.8 lmstat -a I see each feature only once, using version 11.4 lmstat -a I see each feature reported a multiple number of times possibly based on the number of deamons in my license file.

Also lmstat -S DAEMON only shows me the features served by that daemon when using version 9.8 lmstat but gives all the features of all the daemons when used in version 11.4.

This is causing problems with some of the apps we use that take an output from the lmstat -a command.
0 Kudos
Merlin369
Level 3

Unfortunately the behavior is nit changed with 11.8 :mad:, tested today. Official answer from flexera: all is working right, impossible to create this effect

Axel
0 Kudos
Merlin369
Level 3

Even in the lmutil - server status you will have the same problem !!

Axel
0 Kudos
raffie
Level 6

Looks like this may be fixed by v11.9 which was just released.
From the release notes:

lmstat Produced Duplicate Output
When multiple vendor daemons were managed by a single lmgrd process, lmstat output incorrectly listed features served by vendor daemon A as belonging to vendor daemon B. This issue is resolved by having lmstat properly associate the list of features served by each vendor daemon. (IOA-000027199)
0 Kudos
transurferx
Level 2

Are yiur problem fixed?
0 Kudos