Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmirnov
Level 3

Licensing specific product versions

Hello

A question about product versions.

Inside Flex LM we have created a product, and this product has the several versions there.

At the side of application, having a license key, we need to know the product version for which this key was generated.

We are failed to find an appropriate method of Flex API. Could you please outline the correct one?

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@asmirnov , i am afraid that based on your queries it is not clear enough about your observations and requirements.

Will you mind sharing the screenshot of your observation and expectations?

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have License File-based licensing in C++ application. 
The product name and version is set during generation of the license file . It could be seen in the Fulfillment details.
We' like to get that product version at application side during license activation process (lc_checkout).
What C++ API should be used for that purpose? 

0 Kudos

@asmirnov , i am attaching a sample client application, which should help you achieve that.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm afraid that is not exactly what we need.

Attached sample contains the example of getting the version of the feature. But we'd like to get the version of the product. 

For instance, it is possible to get the number of the products by the identifier in trusted storage (flxActCommonLicSpcGetNumProdEntries). Identifier string contains the product name and version. We'd like to get this product version in case of license file usage.

0 Kudos

I see that a support case has been raised with support already on this, so we will discuss this further on the support cse itself.

0 Kudos