cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tartelt
Level 2

Got some error with lmutil lmstat need to understand what happens to fix the problem

Hello,
we are moving some license servers into a new data center. Now i got a very specific problem with one of the services. The service is up and running, i could also see that license will be get by different clients. But one specific Unix System will not get any license. We are using lmutil lmstat -a -c port@serverip to test the connection an we got the follwing result.

lmutil lmstat -a -c 27018@10.184.130.12
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2015 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 5/22/2018 17:30

License server status: 27018@dldeffmimp05lic,27018@dldeffmimp06lic,27018@dldeffmimp07lic
License file(s) on dldeffmimp05lic: 27018@10.184.130.12: lmgrd is not running: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:2 "No such file or directory")

For me the error will be the combination of the servername and the port@servername, because i have never seen this before. How will lmutil lmstat get the information to connect to the license file?

regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Aparashar
Flexera Alumni

It looks like this is a redundant server (3 server) setup. And from the lmstat output it seems that either server is down or the specific unix system is not able to connect to the primary server here.
You may try with a simple ping and check if the primary server is reachable from the problematic system here. If yes, then try with "lmstat -a -c 27018@dldeffmimp05lic,27018@dldeffmimp06lic,27018@dldeffmimp07lic" (check for the comma or semi comma in between the port@host combinations).
0 Kudos