cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DotnetSolutions
Level 5

Get the start date

Is it possible get the start date (activation date) for a feature from trusted storage (server & client TS licenses)?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I don't think the activation date is automatically written to trusted storage; if you're activating against FLEXnet Operations, the FLEXnet Licensing technology is set up to include the ISSUED date in all feature-definition lines, which you can access with flxActCommonProdLicSpcFeatureLineGet. Otherwise, presumably you could use a custom attribute or the like.
0 Kudos
DotnetSolutions
Level 5

Ok, the ISSUED attribute is perfect as activation date. Is there a way (except using a custom attribute) to get the Start Date (similar to START in certificates)? We would like to use that for pending status.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I think FNO populates the START attribute in INCREMENT lines, too, by default; would that do it?
0 Kudos
DotnetSolutions
Level 5

I thought about that too, but I can't get FNO to put any START attribute in the INCREMENT line. I set the start date in the FNO to a future date, but that doesn't give me the attribute.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Hmmm... In FNO, if you go to Administer Operations > License Technologies > Manage License Generator Configurations > your-config, is there the option Suppress START date keyword in license text?

At least with the demo configuration, I get ISSUED and START values in both client trusted storage and server trusted storage INCREMENT lines...
0 Kudos
DotnetSolutions
Level 5

Thanks Robert. That's it. Is was set to supress START attribute.
0 Kudos