cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neogeogis2
Level 2

Generate License Usage Report (lmutil)

Hi There, I am trying to generate a report for license usage for two desktop GIS applications (ArcGIS, FME) that uses FlexNet Publisher license management software. I am trying to generate output in following format:

Date, user, Machine, license_Level, CheckedOut, CheckedIn, Denial,

I tried using lmutil command that generates better report but still it doesn’t provide the structure that I am looking for.

lmutil lmstat -a -c licmgr.lic

Our end goal is to feed this output to Splunk dashboard for the purpose of tracking. I am looking for some suggestions.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@neogeogis2 , lmstat is a standalone Flexnet publisher based utility and its output can not be customized.

if you are looking for assistance while using a 3rd party software that internally uses Flexnet publisher to manage the licensing activist, then I would recommend consulting with particular product team first as they might have a more customized solution than 'lmstat'.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Thanks Aparashar1 for your reply. Did you mean contacting Flexnet publisher team? 

I did reach out to the vendor support (ESRI) intially, who are developer of ArcGIS, I didn't get much direction from them. Based on what I know, it generates lmgrd9 file, which doesn't have the format that I am looking for. 

0 Kudos

@neogeogis2 , i meant about the 'vendor support (ESRI) ' team actually. As if they provide any utility/client to generate the output in a customized module/format then you can take help of that.

'lmstat' has a pre-defined format of data display, which cannot be customized.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos