Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejohnson1
Flexera Alumni

FNP License Store History

Posting on behalf for Community assistance:

++++++++++++++++++

I have noticed that FNP stores an internal history of license sources that have worked in the past. Also, if the source could not be found at all, I get a license finder popup that looks similar to (see picture).

Any sources I enter here will also be stored and used for later license checkouts.

I find this inconvenient because
- in testing, it muddies up where the license has actually been retrieved from. For instance, I can deliberately give a wrong source (wrong IP address for example) and a valid license is still found *somewhere*.
- in production, I'd like to avoid popups not under my direct control.

So my questions are:
- Can I clear the history that FNP apparently creates?
- Can I switch off this behaviour altogether?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TA

Eric

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@ejohnson1 , Kindly be advised about below options:

1.) LM_A_PROMPT_FOR_FILE (Windows Only)

For Windows applications, when a license is denied, FlexNet Publisher displays a dialog box by default, that gives the user the ability to direct the application to either a license file or a license server in order to locate the license. It does this under the assumption that the user has a license available, but did not correctly configure their application to refer to the license file or license server that contains the license.

The text in this dialog box appears in English. Even though it is a standard Windows interface, software publishers cannot translate the user interface of this dialog box because the resources for the dialog box are not bound to the client library for access by a resource editor.

To prevent display of the License Finder dialog box, set the LM_A_PROMPT_FOR_FILE attribute in your application as follows:
lc_set_attr(lc_job, LM_A_PROMPT_FOR_FILE, (LM_A_VAL_TYPE) 0);

2.) Client code attribute " LM_A_PERROR_MSGBOX" (Windows Only):

By Default, False. Set to "1"/True to disable the error pop-up boxes.

lc_perror presents the error message in an error dialog. Use to turn off the display of errors in an error dialog. 

3.) LM_A_APP_DISABLE_CACHE_READ

By Default, "1". After a successful checkout, the license file location used for the feature is by default cached in the <vendor>_LICENSE_FILE variable in the registry (Windows) or $HOME/.flexlmrc (UNIX). All subsequent checkouts for features from this vendor will read the cache first to determine the license file location.
To disable reading the cache, set this attribute to 1. Set this attribute immediately after the call to lc_new_job and before any other code in the application.

4.) LM_A_DISABLE_ENV

By Default, LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable enabled. If set to a non-zero value, LM_A_DISABLE_ENV will force the Licensing toolkit client functions to disregard the setting of the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. It’s rare that there’s a legitimate reason to use this, but it does come up with certain utilities that may explicitly need to ignore the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. It is strongly discouraged that this be used in your applications, as many end user sites are familiar with FlexNet licensing, and need to assume that
LM_LICENSE_FILE will be effective.

NOTE: This must be set before LM_A_LICENSE_DEFAULT to be effective.

Hope this helps.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

Hi,

this was originally my question, which Eric kindly forwarded here... so thank you, very helpful.

0 Kudos