cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npenneti
Level 5

Extensions to Vendor Daemon Logging

We are trying to put together all our Installshield and InstallAnywhere licenses into a single FlexNet publisher server. We have both StandAlone (SAB) as well as Premier (Prem) licenses.

As part of this new setup, I'm looking for below extensions in the mvsn log (vendor daemon log):

1. Currently, date is not part of each log line in vendor daemon log; can we add date to each log line by altering any option in the FlexNet publisher?
2. Also, what version of a feature is not part of logged event (OUT, IN & DENY) in vendor daemon log; can we get this as well by altering any option in the FlexNet publisher?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Yvernekar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi, 
To log the time stamp in the lmgrd log you can use the flag value "-datestamp" while starting the lmgrd.
As for the feature logging, I do not think it is possible. But I will check on it and update you soon.

0 Kudos

@Yvernekar, Do you have any latest news about the 'feature' logging?

0 Kudos
npenneti
Level 5

Hi @Yvernekar 

We are currently using lmadmin.exe (GUI License Manager), is there an option datestamp for lmadmin as well?

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this command line option is made available for lmgrd and is not supported in lmadmin.