cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nishchal
Level 3

Expiring licenses

I am using the license server along with the Java client APIs.

I would like to know a couple of things regarding using licenses with an expiry date in the above case

[1] How does windback detection work in this case, is the license server able to detect that the date has been set back and able to stop itself? If the date is setback and a server, it seems that the expired licenses are made available again

[2] In general, when a license expires on the license server I know that the server makes expired licenses unavailable as I can see that from lmstat output. But how does the license client get notified that the license has expired. I know that there are a couple of APIs(in C and Java APIs) which give the expiration date. But can we do it with the heartbeat mechanism.
The heartbeat mechanism does not seem to work in this case (atleast with Java)? For an expired license the client does not seem to go into a reconnect mode, is the reconnectFailed callback ever called?

[3] In a license server, the documentation says that pool of license is maintained, we've have noticed if there are 2 separate INCREMENT strings for the same feature but with 2 different expiration date, only one date is returned by using the Java API, is this also the same behavior in the C API. Is there any way to get the expired date of the current checked out licenses.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

To start with [1], please see the description of the vendor daemon setting ls_a_check_baddate in the Programming and Reference Guide for License File-Based Licensing ProgRef-LF.pdf.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

And for [3], please see the note about pooling in the lc_auth_data description in the native FLEXible API reference FuncRef-c.pdf.
0 Kudos