cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harry_wan
Level 2

Docker Container Detection

In the new version of FlexNet Publisher (11.17.2), I can see there is support for getting the container id with lmhostid. But I would like to know if detection of processes running in docker containers are possible. Specifically, if 2 license server managers (lmgrd) are running in 2 different docker containers in the same host machine, are they able to detect each other?

In older versions of FlexNet Publisher, I can test that there is no problem running 2 license server managers in different containers in a virtual machine (and using dongle as hostid), and users can just checkout features from the 2 license server managers.

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@harry_wan , let me run this by the concerned team and i will update you on this query at earliest.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@harry_wan , the reported behaviour is something that might be working today, but in future releases when FNP's container related enhancements are done - the goal would be not let  multiple containers run the same VD on single host. So, this will get affected in future releases.

So, if a publisher doesn't want the current behaviour to get affected, would have to turn off the option of container detection.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos