cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leonardo
Level 3

Common Vendor Daemon tecnology

Hi All

I´m need to configure common vendor daemon toolkit, but i didn´t understand still. cvdconfig show me that message::confused:

Error in file:cvdconfig.c at line:1634
Error in file:cvdconfig.c at line:1610
Error in file:cvdconfig.c at line:1515
Error in file:cvdconfig.c at line:137

Any help will be wellcome !
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(13) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Could you post the cvdconfig configuration steps you've performed so far?
0 Kudos
Leonardo
Level 3

Well, I filled a file and named it as make.txt inside machind directory of FLEXnet SDK.

my file has these lines:

VENDOR=vendor_daemon
{
ALIAS=alias_name
CODEFILE=path_to_lm_code.h
LMSEEDS=path_to_lmseeds.h
LSVENDOR=path_to_LSVENDOR.c
}
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

And the CODEFILE, LMSEEDS, and LSVENDOR values are valid paths to the toolkit files? As in:
VENDOR=child1
{
ALIAS=child1alias
CODEFILE="C:\ChildToolkit1\machind\lm_code.h"
LMSEEDS="C:\ChildToolkit1\i86_n3\lmseeds.h"
LSVENDOR="C:\ChildToolkit1\machind\lsvendor.c"
}

Followed by running cvdconfig /f config.txt?
0 Kudos
Leonardo
Level 3

Hi mate.
I didn´t had success, i am getting that four errors message.
Where i put the name of the comun vendor daemon ?
See my config.txt.

VENDOR=vendor
{
ALIAS=vendor1
CODEFILE="C:\ChildToolkit1\machind\lm_code.h"
LMSEEDS="C:\ChildToolkit1\i86_n3\lmseeds.h"
LSVENDOR="C:\ChildToolkit1\machind\lsvendor.c"
}
VENDOR=vendor
{
ALIAS=vendor2
CODEFILE="C:\ChildToolkit2\machind\lm_code.h"
LMSEEDS="C:\ChildToolkit2\i86_n3\lmseeds.h"
LSVENDOR="C:\ChildToolkit2\machind\lsvendor.c"
}
0 Kudos
Leonardo
Level 3

Anyone can help me to config toolkit to common vendor daemon ?:o
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

To begin, do you have two different vendor names that you want to combine into one? As described in the Programming and Reference Guide, you must choose one of the vendors to be the "primary" vendor, and the others are "secondary" vendors. I believe the configuration file should list only the secondary vendors.

Afterward, the output of cvdconfig should be modified headers files and a make file for building the combined toolkit.

In some versions, it might be necessary to fix up quotation marks around paths in the modified make file. In some cases the release notes also have version-specific information.

The help topic "Planning Your Common Vendor Daemon Configuration" has more details about these initial steps...
0 Kudos
Leonardo
Level 3

Thanks for reply, Robert

Let me explain my situation, better.

I have two vendor names:

I have one vendor name ( vendor1 ) that is inside Flexnet v10.8 and other vendor name ( vendor2 ) that is inside FLEXlm v9.2. Now I need building one common vendor daemon with vendor1 and vendor2, i think that will be vendor3, for example.

I was wrong in my reasoning :confused:
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I believe you'll need to select one of your existing vendor toolkits to be the "primary" toolkit.
0 Kudos
Leonardo
Level 3

How I do select primary vendor to be the "primary" toolkit ?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The configuration file should contain only secondary vendor information. By running cvdconfig from the primary vendor's toolkit directory and then building the resulting make file, you have defined the primary vendor.
0 Kudos
Leonardo
Level 3

Ok.
I running config.exe and it genenerated lmcode.h, lmcrypt.c and makefile with .saved extension.
Now, to building common vendor daemon i need put the the name it inside lmcode.h or makefile ?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Did you have the primary vendor name in the original makefile? What happens if you build using the new, generated make file?
0 Kudos
Leonardo
Level 3

RobertDickau wrote:
Did you have the primary vendor name in the original makefile? What happens if you build using the new, generated make file?

Yes, i have the primary vendor in the original makefile. But still i am getting error message !
0 Kudos