Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandhi
Level 3

Client-side trusted storage

Hi again,

I am working through "Getting Started with Trusted Storage–Based
Licensing". Our demo license has expired so I'm using our vendor-specific keys etc.

I got server-side trusted storage working as detailed in "Adding License Rights to a License Server". Now I'm trying to get client-side trusted storage working. I adapted the 1day_student.asr file by:
1. using our own PublisherID
2. copying the "features" section into a license file, running lmcrypt on it and copying the result back
3. running xmlsign on the document
This all seemed to work.

However, when I try to load the license into trusted storage using appactutil -local, I get the following error:
ERROR: flxActCommonLocSpcAddASRs - (50017,71526,29).

The "C/C++ Function Reference" says 50017 means "Failed to add ASR to trusted storage" but I have no idea what the other numbers signify. Are minor and system error numbers documented anywhere? If not can you tell me what this error means?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I imagine the issue is mismatched trusted configuration data (encryption and security settings): the data in the sample ASR is from the "demo" publisher, which doesn't match your publisher ID and settings. The data should come from the ... element in your equivalent of platform/publisher/DemoTrustedConfigOut.xml, and goes in ... in the ASR.

It might simpler to generate an ASR using asrgen, as described in the Programming and Reference Guide for Trusted Storage-based Licensing (ProgReg-TS.pdf); setting up the trusted configuration data should be described there, too.
0 Kudos
sandhi
Level 3

Thanks, using asrgen I managed to load license rights into client-side trusted storage and check out features of ezcalc using them.

I then loaded a trial license for our application into client-side trusted storage and tried to use it from our (java) app. Once I add the directory to java.library.path, I get the following error:

Native Method Call Failed (-530,3103) (tsGetFeatureLines: flxInitLoad failed.: 1)

According to FlxInit.h, 1 means "Unable to locate security runtime", but I can't find any mention of a "security runtime" in the Knowledge Base. What is it and what do I need to do to use it? Is there any documentation on using Trusted Storage with the Java API beyond TSExample.java?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I think that refers to tsJavaAcc.dll and tsJavaAcc_libFNP.dll (there's a tsJavaAcc.dll target in makefile.act) on Windows, or a similar pair of .so files on other systems. Since trusted storage access uses native OS functionality, Java can't access it directly, and so these JNI libraries act as a bridge between the two. Those libraries will need to be in the same directory as the Java app.
0 Kudos
sandhi
Level 3

Thanks, it's working now
0 Kudos