cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcheng
Level 5

BUG: (P0) flxExtFilterGetAttr() for FLX_EXT_FA_PROCESS_ID no longer works on checkout

Description:

After the recent builds that introduced the new opcode VENDOR_HOST_NAME, it seems to be no longer possible to get the FLX_EXT_FA_PROCESS_ID attribute, for either checkout or checkin. (It always returns FALSE). I suspect there is some boundary checking for the opcode that has not been updated.

-Johnson
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jcheng
Level 5

Hi,

In addition to the PROCESS_ID issue, I have just noticed that

FLX_EXT_FA_HOST_NAME and
FLX_EXT_FA_USER_NAME

Are not working for checkin requests. If I recall from discussions with Lars, these 2 attributes should be available for both checkouts -and- checkins? These 2 values are essential to us since otherwise there is no way to identify where each checkin is coming from.

Thanks,
Johnson
0 Kudos
jcheng
Level 5

More detail information. The opcodes in hex are in "()"s corresponding to each field. As shown there are now only 3 fields available for checkin requests.

Checkout:
FLX_EXT_FA_DAEMON_HOST_NAME (2): jcheng
FLX_EXT_FA_DAEMON_NAME (3): plattst1
FLX_EXT_FA_FEATURE_NAME (4): plattst1_f1
FLX_EXT_FA_VENDOR_CHECKOUT (5): myproj <-- incorrect, should be for the LMPROJECT
FLX_EXT_FA_FEATURE_COUNT (6): 1
FLX_EXT_FA_FEATURE_VERSION (7): 1.0
FLX_EXT_FA_USER_NAME (8): jcheng
FLX_EXT_FA_DISPLAY_NAME (9): /dev/pts/5
FLX_EXT_FA_HOST_NAME (a): jcheng
FLX_EXT_FA_LMPROJECT (c): <--- Not present
FLX_EXT_FA_PROCESS_ID (e): <--- Not present

Checkin:
FLX_EXT_FA_DAEMON_HOST_NAME (2): jcheng
FLX_EXT_FA_DAEMON_NAME (3): plattst1
FLX_EXT_FA_FEATURE_NAME (4): plattst1_f1
FLX_EXT_FA_VENDOR_CHECKOUT (5):
FLX_EXT_FA_FEATURE_COUNT (6):
FLX_EXT_FA_FEATURE_VERSION (7):
FLX_EXT_FA_USER_NAME (8): <--- Not present
FLX_EXT_FA_DISPLAY_NAME (9):
FLX_EXT_FA_HOST_NAME (a): <--- Not present
FLX_EXT_FA_LMPROJECT (c):
FLX_EXT_FA_PROCESS_ID (e): <--- Not present

Thanks,
Johnson
0 Kudos
lnielsen
Level 4

I just double checked the FLX_EXT_FA_PROCESS_ID attribute. I can't reproduce your issue.

I compared the checksum for the libraries in my current build and what we delivered on June 24. They are the same. Here is the checksum values. Could you compare to your libraries? It sounds like the application are using the wrong library.

bash-2.05b$ cksum *.so
4185260176 1169719 libFlxExtImpl.so
1654838610 6501 libFlxExt.so

Thanks,
Lars
0 Kudos
davidz
Level 4

Johnson, since this is a shared library, is it possible that you installed the correctly version but that your shared library path is still referring your application to an older shared library? David
0 Kudos