cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcheng
Level 5

BUG: (P0) Need Linux package for FlxExt

Description:

We are currently missing the linux binary for the FlxExt client libraries from Macrovision, which is preventing us from doing any real testing for the communication with the external filter. We were able to build the vendor daemon side to see some activities from the external filter at checkin/checkout.

(This was discussed in yesterday's meeting, and was promised for today or Friday)

-Johnson
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
greidplatform
Level 4

Macrovision folks,

After review with my Dev/QA teams this morning it's clear that the lack of a Linux distribution (or even other Unix distribution) is quickly becoming critical to the completion of our acceptance testing in the timeline desired.

We are going to *require* that the Linux distribution be made available and ready for testing by end of day Friday (June 10) your time. Our team feels this will allow us enough time to setup (weekend likely) followed by the appropriate testing to complete our acceptance (barring major issues). If we do not receive it, it is unlikely that we will complete the testing to our satisfaction in time which will delay final acceptance beyond the end of the month.

Please note that while the "client library" will allow us to make more immediate progress, the full Linux/Unix package will be needed to complete the acceptance testing. If both cannot be provided by Friday, please provide your proposal for alternative deliveries and we can see if that can work or not.

take care,

Greg
0 Kudos
jathreya
Level 2

Hi Greg & others,

I checked with Engineering. We are on target to deliver this today.

---Jagan
0 Kudos
davidz
Level 4

Here is how to access the Linux 10.8.1 release plus management library (17MB):

ftp ftp.globes.com
User: anonymous
Password: youremailaddress@yourdomain.com
cd incoming
binary
get i86-re3-10-8-1-alpha2.tar

The licenses and vendor codes we sent with the Windows versions will work with this Linux version.
0 Kudos