Scheduling and Emailing Documents in Reporter
Scheduling and Emailing Documents
Emailing documents requires the document to be scheduled. This scheduling can be recurring or a one-time execution.
When scheduling a document, you can choose Email Recipients or Reporter Inbox as the destination. Reporter users can also use the Send To functionality to simply copy a document to another user’s Reporter inbox.
Scheduling and Emailing to Email Recipients
Follow the instructions below to schedule a document and have Reporter deliver it to a list of email recipients.
To schedule a document to email recipients
1. Select the document to schedule. Choose one of the following methods to select the document:
• Right-click the document name from the list and choose Schedule.
• With the document selected, choose Actions > Schedule from the toolbar.
Reporter opens the Schedule page.
Instance Title :Name for the scheduled document.
Recurrence: How often and when should this run? Default is Now, which will run once when Schedule is clicked.Depending on frequency, a different form will have to be filled in.
Prompts: If the report has prompts, this page will allow entry of prompt values.
Formats and Destinations:Includes Output Format and Destination and Destinations Options and Settings sections.
Follow the instructions in the next two steps to apply Formats and Destinations settings.
• Output Format - Choose an output format.
• Output Format Details - Choose Email Recipients.
a. Click Destinations Options and Settings.
b. Schedule to email recipients:
• By default, the email will include an attached file using the report name and proper file extension.
• Email addresses are comma separated.
• Attachment size limit is 5 MB.
c. Check Cleanup instance after scheduling to avoid saving the results from the scheduled document. If you leave this blank, you may need to do periodic cleanup of scheduled saved documents.