Working with a device in Update and Insight (UAI) module
Hi, We wish to integrate the UAI module and send users updates. For the moment we have a trial version of the module and I have several questions before we start implementing the feature:
1. I tried to test some mechanism with the new API (/uai/2.0) but I’m unable to do so as every request demand an authorization header, which I’m not sure what the value should be or how to generate it as all the Youtube videos and user guides I’ve found are demonstrating the old /uai/1.0 API. Until I will have an answer for the first question I’ve tried to work with the old /uai/1.0 API.
2. For the moment we wish to let all users the capability to update our product to a newer version, so when I’ve created the Update I’ve changed the “Entitlement check” to “none”, and as from what I understand from the user guide when I register the device I can leave the activation ID empty, when I try to do that with the API, when I use the polling id to get the response I’m getting an error that the “activation ID is mandatory”, can you please explain to me where am I wrong? Will it work when I use the new /uai/2.0 API?
3. If for example I’m creating an update from version 10.0 to 10.1, and after some time we have a newer version 10.2, and I will create an update from 10.0 to 10.2 (and from 10.1 to 10.2), will I need to delete the old update from 10.0 to 10.1 as I want the user to upgrade from 10.0 to 10.2? or the UAI mechanism will return the latest update available automatically?
4. I’ve tried to register devices that I’ve created but I succeeded doing so only with devices that were created in the admin site, and not with devices that were created in end-user portal. Am I missing something?
5. if someone is using our product without a license (trial version for example), he will not be able to receive an update as he does not have a device to register and get updates for, am I right?
6. if several users are using same device (for example if the device is a license server that has a mapped entitlement with a quantity of more than 1), when one of the users will update the product we will send an update messages (download completed, installation started, etc…), is there a way to determine which one of the users updated the product (for example send with the update message a string with the machine id or something that will help us distinguish between users)