cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

Multiple local checkouts of counted feature fail but only for activated licenses

Jump to solution

For the longest time, we've been using FNE with simple, node-locked, file-based licensing.  Simple license files generated via licenseFileUtil.bat.  This has always allowed the user to acquire the same feature multiple times -- without returning any any of them -- with no problems.  Like this:

FlcLicenseRef ref1 = nullptr;
const auto result1 = FlcAcquireLicense(m_ref, &ref1, "Core", "1.0",   m_err);

FlcLicenseRef ref2 = nullptr;
const auto result2 = FlcAcquireLicense(m_ref, &ref2, "Core", "1.0", m_err);

But now I'm using trusted-storage "acquired" licenses set up with on a FlexNet Operations server and activated ourselves via the API.  These new licenses do not permit this behavior. 

The symptom is that the second call to FlcAcquireLicense fails and the error is: "insufficient count for the requested feature".  

So clearly I've somehow set up my entitlements wrong on the server.    I'm using a "permanent, counted" license model.  Do I have that wrong?   Should I have used uncounted?

I don't know if my issue is a missing/invalid argument on the FlexNet Embedded side or a configuration issue on the FlexNet Operations side when creating my products/entitlements.

Any guidance would be appreciate

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

I finally realized that I just needed an uncounted license model.  I just did not understand correctly what "Uncounted" meant in licensing terms.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jmoleary
Level 6

Here is a the license model I'm using from the serverimage.png

0 Kudos

I finally realized that I just needed an uncounted license model.  I just did not understand correctly what "Uncounted" meant in licensing terms.

0 Kudos