- Revenera Community
- FlexNet Embedded
- FlexNet Embedded Forum
- How to assign Container Id to a Local License Server which is ran using the flexnetls.jar?
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
How to assign Container Id to a Local License Server which is ran using the flexnetls.jar?
Hi @iswarya_bhge You can assign host ID in the file local-configuration.yaml under below lines and not sure Container Id is a supported hostID to run the LLS of now.
# Specify the hostid to be used. Syntax: 685b3596a5f3/ETHERNET. Has to be one of the hostids seen
# in the /api/1.0/hostids endpoint.
Firstly,Thank you so much for the prompt response @mrathinam .But its mentioned that the syntax is 685b3596a5f3/ETHERNET.How can I assign a docker container Id . It would be really helpful if u can paste an example for all types of hostIds in Local config yaml
Hi @iswarya_bhge Let me check the syntax and support of LLS to use the Container Id and come back with more updates.
Hi @iswarya_bhge ,
Per the License Server Producer Guide, Container ID is not a supported HostID for a Local License Server. Note however you could implement your own code to obtain the container ID and use a producer-defined Hostid.
Could you please help me in setting up the Publisher Defined Host Id for the Local License Server.I have followed the below steps, but still ETHERNET ID is getting set as host ID.
- Set server.publisherDefinedHostId.policy to strict in the policy settings file (producer-settings.xml) file
- Using the example code ExamplePublisherDefinedHostId.c provided by Flexnet and generated libServerExtension64.so as we are using Linux with JVM 64-bit
- Placed the file in the folder with same name as publisher and placed that in the same folder as Flexnet.jar resides
- Ran the server
Hi @iswarya_bhge Can you please raise a support case to get more details for this request?