cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil_Alexander
Level 3

User Authentication without dialog

Hi All,
Is it possible to perform a user authentication without presenting a dialog? For example obtain the software serial number obtained via a profile etc and autheticate.
Phil
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
divanova
Level 3

Yes, in a way; If you can, during installation or updates place a special value/info in a registry or a file you can confirm that value is existing before showing an update. Not sure if that works for you though.
Dannie
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Taking it a step further, you'll probably want to hash the values you'd like to check against prior to storing.

Kelly

divanova wrote:
Yes, in a way; If you can, during installation or updates place a special value/info in a registry or a file you can confirm that value is existing before showing an update. Not sure if that works for you though.
Dannie
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

0 Kudos
Phil_Alexander
Level 3

Thanks for your quick responses.
I am ok with making the update available via a condition. Our company offers a quarterly software maintenance agreement to customers. I would like to be able to authenticate / check the customer maintenance status.
The message authentication allows you to specify a 'What URL will the Update Service use to authenticate your user?' but the field is only available if you display a dialog.

I don't wish to display a dialog for information that is easily obtainable.
0 Kudos