cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasads
Level 2

Update Service Problems

Hello,
I am trying to develop Update Services for Windows Applcation using InstallShield 10.5.
When I install application and check for its updates I got error message saying "Either you are not connected to Internet or Update Services Server is currently unavailable."
I tried this by entering path to server in Host field of Update Service settings.
When I kept this blank and tries for update check i got message updates are not available.
Since i dont know how to put the updated files on Host I tried to give path to server location but i m not successful in it...
can anyone help me to get through this problem?
Also suggest me how to upload the new Installer files to Update Service server:confused: :confused: :confused:
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Hi Pradsads,

You would only enter info into the Update Service (now called FLEXnet Connect) server field if you were hosting your own server... For information specific to adding your product & updates so that they're seen by the update service, check out: Products and Updates

I do strongly recommend that you check out the brief tutorial, though, at: http://helpnet.macrovision.com (click through the FLEXnet Connect 6.1 link to find the getting started and information that'll help you use the tool effectively).

Regards,
Kelly

prasads wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to develop Update Services for Windows Applcation using InstallShield 10.5.
When I install application and check for its updates I got error message saying "Either you are not connected to Internet or Update Services Server is currently unavailable."
I tried this by entering path to server in Host field of Update Service settings.
When I kept this blank and tries for update check i got message updates are not available.
Since i dont know how to put the updated files on Host I tried to give path to server location but i m not successful in it...
can anyone help me to get through this problem?
Also suggest me how to upload the new Installer files to Update Service server:confused: :confused: :confused:
0 Kudos
Pstudio
Level 2

Kelly, there really needs to be some clarification on this topic. The posts are mounting up. Inside IIS 12 premiere, the help link goes here:
http://www.macrovision.com/products/flexnet_publisher/update/index.shtml
which is nothing but a 404 error. The tutorial link you posted is also inop. What to do?

But am I to understand that the update service is not a service that macrovision provides, but is a function of the program that allows the developer to assign a webpage on his/her web host to be a repository for the updates? Or is there some actual "server" involved that needs to be running on a host that performs special functions, like serving up updates? :confused:
0 Kudos