cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

Update Service Disabled

Many of my customers get "Update Service Disabled" messages when checking for updates. Can you explain the cause (and fix) for this?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Brad_Peterson
Level 7

You know neal, I just found out a couple of weeks ago that all paying Update Service accounts get free phone tech support service. 🙂 Perhaps that will help?
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Thanks for the noggins up Brad. I'm curious if anyone else experiences this problem or if it's an account issue with me? I'm so close to ditching ISUS and rolling my own!
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

I've not heard of that message from any customers, and our support folks haven't heard that from customers either. Give us a call or submit an eSupport request, it doesn't matter.... just give us a chance to help you out. :cool:

In addition to the usual things that support asks for, they'll probably inquire about the Windows versions that are displaying this, whether it's happening for all customers or just some, and if those customers had ever not seen the message.

Regards,
Kelly

neal007 wrote:
Many of my customers get "Update Service Disabled" messages when checking for updates. Can you explain the cause (and fix) for this?

Thanks.
0 Kudos