cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timstspry
Level 7

InstallShield 2009 Integration

Hello, my company recently purchased and I recently installed on a test server FLEXnet Connect 11.5. We have InstallShield Premier 2009 which is installed on a computer other than where I installed FNC. When I create a new basic MSI project and attempt to register it, clicking on the elipses button takes me to the Acresso-Hosted FNC login page.

We purchased the Premier, self-hosted edition of FNC and even though I put the IP address of the test server where I have installed FNC, I am still taken to the Acresso website for logging into FNC. Could someone please tell me how to get InstallShield Premier 2009 to recognize that we have a self-hosted version of FNC and take me to the login screen on my test server instead of the login screen for the Acresso-hosted FLEXnet Connect product?

Thanks in advance!

Tim
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

Unfortunately, that's a limitation with the InstallShield IDE and the registration functionality. That particular feature only supports the Acresso Hosted FNC Solution and will not work as expected with the Self-Hosted flavors.

You can still populate your Notification Server's URL as normal using the "Host" field or inserting the proper value in to the DWUSHOST property within the Property Manager.

This was previously reported as a bug with the InstallShield product with the workorder reference number IOC-000060997.
0 Kudos
timstspry
Level 7

Thanks for the reply Bryan!

Tim
0 Kudos