cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayFleming
Level 3

How much to get up and running with the ISUS?

Hi folks,

After previously evaluating the Update Service with my former company and getting a quote for a a very large version...I was wondering how much it'd cost to get the basics up and running (update publishing/downloading/stats) on a smaller scale...under or around the 10K user level.

Anyone set up a smiliar sized solution?
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Hello Jay (and others interested in this thread)

This site is more geared toward the technical side of implementation, etc. not toward the prices spec'd by sales. I do not want to see this go toward some of the discussions that were held in the past. Please, let us not go there.

Jay, our sales staff will be able to provide you with quotes about costs involved for the basic services. If you're not satisified with the amounts, I definitely encourage you to submit feedback to them (and via the website) about what is the absolute minimum functionality you require and your feelings about the cost versus the value offered. Our customer feedback will help drive the direction of the pricing models they use (I do not have knowledge of those models, but know that persons' feedback can have a positive impact).

If you own an InstallShield IDE to create your installers, there is a barebones version which utilises the Update Manager (no APIs) that you would have available to you. You can inquire about the "Starter Edition" with the sales persons as well.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
JayFleming
Level 3

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the response.

I really didn't intend to start anything over prices etc...I was really just curious, and completely unaware of the previous "discussions" you mention. Apologies all round 🙂

I'll look into the Starter Edition.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

No worries, and my apologies if I sounded firm, but I really would like to see us all focus on accomplishing things. 🙂

When you look at the docs, they will say that feature X is not available in the starter edition. The high-level, you can create your product, update, etc. but it will only be accessible via the Update Manager interface. So a common question that was always asked: if you run Update Manager it'll show the updates, but if you code the agent into your app and check for updates, it'll show nothing. Just be aware that that is currently the expected behaviour. 😉

That's gotta be the biggest limitation/question that immediately comes to mind.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos