cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikhilgupta
Level 5

Flexnet Connect On-Site Solution

I want to provide updates avaliable to customers through the site hosted on my company's website.

I am new to Flexnet connect.
I want to use Flexnet connect but not sure how to proceed?

What I understand now is:
1) I need to enable update service in my installation and provide the url of my choice.
2) Create a publisher website to publish the updates info.

I am little confused for step 2. Do I need to create entire publisher website myself using Flexnet Connect sdk?
Or
Is there any product macrovision provides to create publisher website easily? Is it "Self-Hosted Publisher Management Portal?

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Hello nikhilgupta,

There are two flavors of FLEXnet Connect. The first is the Macrovision-hosted edition, where you tag onto our application server farm to host the metadata. That environment is already set up and always the latest edition. The second is the one I believe you're asking about: on-site (aka self-hosted). That is the version in which you install the application server and host your own metadata. You can read up a bit more under the on-site section at the URL below.
http://www.macrovision.com/products/flexnet_publisher/flexnet_connect/resources/index.shtml

Finally, you can also contact the sales folks directly and they'll be happy to discuss your needs to ensure that they're met in full.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
nikhilgupta
Level 5

Thanks Kelly,

I will go through the link.
0 Kudos