cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBUJOLD
Level 3

File sync does not overwrite files

Hello

I opened a new incident to report this but I thought of asking here anyway. I have been trying to use the file synchronisation and have not been able to successfully overwrite an existing file with an updated version.

The update appears correctly, then I select install and it downloads the zip file from my webserver and it seems to do the extraction correctly but the file is not overwritten. And then of course the update keeps re-appearing in the list.

If the file is NOT existing, the file is properly extracted and the update disappear. So the problem seems to really be overwriting the files.

And I made sure to give 'Everyone' rights to 'Modify' (even if that should not be a problem cos I can't have control over that on my customers computers).

I am waiting to see what support will say, but I would like to know if anyone has any idea or ran into the same problem ??

Thanks,
Sylvain Bujold
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Quick question without knowing the specifics: are you sure that the file isn't being copied over, then reverted by windows? (as would happen if you were attempting to copy a new file over the notepad.exe, for example)

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
SBUJOLD
Level 3

Hello Kelly

Yes I am sure it is not being reverted. I tried with a PDF file that I had just created, it is not part of the system protected files.

Thanks
0 Kudos
CRCInfoSys
Level 4

I have a support issue in for this same thing. I found out that the file was being installed to some other directory. If I move the file the proper location, the update service sees it and does not list the update again.
This is not a good solution. I'm hoping they correct this issue soon.
0 Kudos
SBUJOLD
Level 3

In my case it does not copy the file to the wrong location, it simply does not overwrite it.

Support is looking into the situation. Hopefully we'll get that working!
0 Kudos