cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinodn1
Level 4

Feature transfer error when Update Service is enabled. Error occurs only on Upgrade.

A "feature transfer error" occurs when the Update Service is enabled using InstallShield 10.5. The installation works perfectly fine before the Update Service is enabled. Plus, the error occurs only on Update installation, when the previous version did not have Update Service. A new installation works fine.

This error occurs while the file transfer process is just starting. There is no compilation error or build error. Once the error pops up, the installation crashes.

The build pc does not have internet access and thus the "Is product registered" comes up as "Unknown". Does this have have any bearing on this error?

A screenshot of the error is attached.

Thanks.
-Vinod
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
tpraveen
Level 2

HI Vinod
I too facing the same problem, did you find any solution of it?
Please reply soon.

Thanks
Praveen
0 Kudos
vinodn1
Level 4

I did not find any solution.
0 Kudos
leifop
Level 3

I had the same error when switching from Professional 7 to InstallShield 11 and additionally was using the command line to build the setup. I found out that InstallShield 11 had changed some path definitions (e.g. include paths and link paths). When I copied the modified InstallShield 11 path options from the IDE to my command line script, everything worked fine.
0 Kudos