cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afeiler
Level 3

Error by Clicking on "Install now" or "Download"

Hello

Many of our users get an error by clicking on the button "Install now" or "Download" on the Update-Page. Some of them get the error text "iexplore.exe hat ein Problem festgestellt und mußte beendet werden" ("iexplore.exe has detected a problem und had to be closed"). After that, an other dialog pops up, now with a text "oleaut32.dll" has a problem. The other users get none of the error messages. A simply text says, that a problem occured und the app have to be closed.
The error occurs on different systems like Windows 2000, Windows XP (without SP, with SP1 or SP2). Also the oleaut32.dll has different version numbers.
Could it be a problem, that we migrated our setups from Installshield Pro 6.1 to Installshield 10.5 Pro and from SDK 4.1 to 4.6?

If I install the SDK 4.6 on this systems, the problem ist solved. But thats not a solution for me. Does anybody have the same problem and could help me?

Greets
afeiler

By the way, sorry for my worse english 😛
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
afeiler
Level 3

I get one step further:
It has to be something with the new Update Manger 4.6. When I install an older version of our app including the old Update Manger 4.1 everything is ok. As soon as I install an newer app including the Update Manger 4.6 the error occurs. But I don't know whats going wrong. When I install the whole SDK 4.6 on this system, the update also runs without any problems :confused:

Greets
afeiler
0 Kudos