cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkiran77
Level 3

Error !!! Please Help!!

Hi I am writhing a code through VB using the download API. I have registered the product. I get a an error "Runtime Error -2147208501 (800432cb)". This is encountered in the following line of code

Set UpdateCollection = Agent.EnumUpdates("{BD0C3190-97BC-4702-8CC4-8D77F60286AD}")

There is no further error description. Does any one know why I am getting this error.

Please help. I appreciate it.

Thanks
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Sunny_s
Level 6

13003 (800432cb): Version not registered with the Update Service

By default, the ISUS uses only the (major.minor) portion of the version string (major.minor.build). You can override that behavior if you want to use the full version string. Either way, the version string set in your installation needs to 'string match' to the version on the Notificaiton server.

Below is some information on your error and a link to a KB that should help. Additional information is available in the online help.

--------------

13003: Version not registered with the Update Service

Your product version is not registered on the Update Service Publisher Website. The Update Service reads your product version and passes that to the Update Service Website. You must have an exact (string) match between the version registered on your local machine and the version registered on the Update Service Website. The Test Utility application (included with the InstallShield Update Service SDK) will display the version of your product currently registered with the Update Service runtime. The field "Version" needs to be a string match with the version you have registered on the Update Service Website.

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?pcode=US100E&articleid=Q105921
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107373

Thanks
-Sunny
0 Kudos
Brad_Peterson
Level 7

When you get an error, you can see the err.number and the err.description. Very handy for situations like that.
0 Kudos