cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkiran77
Level 3

Download Target Directory

Hi Guys,

I don't want installshield to download updates into the default c:\documents and settings\username\ ... etc directory. Please could anyone tell me if the default download location can be changed for the update service? Any means of controlling this from installscript? I have searched everywhere and I could not find an answer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kiran 🙂
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
vkiran77
Level 3

Awaiting reply friends .. please.. 🙂 Please give me a solution. Alternatively, can someone tell me how to make the file downloaded automatically launch. I know it is a basic question, but I am a newbie.

After the service downloads an update, it just sits in a directory. Is there anyway that it could be launched automatically, so that the user does not have to do it himself manually.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Check out the AutoUpdate API for the agent. You don't get the flexibility of processing the item yourself and doing other tasks you may want to, but your item is downloaded and run with the API.

From the docs: AutoUpdate checks for a critical software update. If such an update is found, the method returns True and downloads the update and launches it; otherwise the method returns False.
0 Kudos