cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hanther
Level 5

Can't Register New Version from Within Developer 8

Since the website upgrade, the option in Developer 8 to register new versions with the update service using the link associated with the 'Is Product/Version Registered?' no longer works. It goes into the add new product wizard, which doesn't work for only adding new versions.
I know that I can just go to the site myself and manually add the new version, but it saves some steps by having the link in Developer...can this be fixed up?
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Chandima
Level 7

So you can add new products without a problem right? The issue you are reporting is that you can't add new versions? Just want to make sure. Thanks!
0 Kudos
hanther
Level 5

I haven't tried creating a new product, since that is not what I am doing; however, it appears that would work, based on what I do see when I try to add a new version. I've only found a problem when trying to add a new version for an existing product...
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

I just checked and was able to reproduce the problem. I verified that you can add new products but that you can NOT add new versions to existing products. The fix is a little involved and will need to go through a complete QA cycle before we make it live. I created work order 1-13J841 for this issue.
0 Kudos
angel126
Level 4

hanther wrote:
Since the website upgrade, the option in Developer 8 to register new versions with the update service using the link associated with the 'Is Product/Version Registered?' no longer works. It goes into the add new product wizard, which doesn't work for only adding new versions.
I know that I can just go to the site myself and manually add the new version, but it saves some steps by having the link in Developer...can this be fixed up?

Hello,

I have the same problem with IS Professional 7. I can register new products, but a new version is no longer possible.

Bye
Angel
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

This is expected. All versions of Developer/DevStudio/InstallShieldX go to the same website when you launch it from the "Update Service" view. So you will see this problem regardless of which product you use. Sorry :(.
0 Kudos