cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kent_B__Hansen
Level 2

Authenticate with Activation Service

Hi,

Is there any way to authenticate a user for an update by checking if he/she has a valid serial number in the Activation Service??

The logic is, that if an user is allowed to install the product (she has a valid serial number) then it is OK for her to recieve updates as well. Should she cancel her subscription on our products, then she should not be alloved to recieve updates any more (as well as not being able to install the product again).

I do not want to prompt the user for the serial number for each update (we update one time every month) - it must be possible to use the number entered during activation, and check it against the Activation Service somehow??

Thanks,
Kent B. Hansen
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Currently, there is no tie between the two; however, I'm certain NoelK has received this request and the discussions about something like this will most likely begin. 😉

To ensure your idea is seen by the upper management types, don't forget to send it via the web site's feedback mechanism.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
Kent_B__Hansen
Level 2

Do you have any idea when such a service might be implemented? a month? half a year? two years??

/Kent
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Hello Kent,

I'd love to get you an answer to that, but I honestly do not know. I know that's a somewhat lame answer, but as it's a different product group, it's the best I can offer at the moment.

If you're interested in making your voice heard (and all others reading this), you can submit a Feedback item via the website which will be routed to the project managers who have the ability to make it happen. I've already forwarded a notice on about this request, but I've not heard of any status on it.

Regards,
Kelly

Kent B. Hansen wrote:
Do you have any idea when such a service might be implemented? a month? half a year? two years??

/Kent
0 Kudos