cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

Are the counters right?

I have a feeling my user count is way off!

Take for example, I distribue 10 distinct products to customer X. From what I understand, I would only be charged ONE user against ISUS. I have a feeling I am getting hit for 10 users, i.e. one user per product.

Can anyone clarify or validate this please? Again, my user count is not correct!
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Brad_Peterson
Level 7

I have a similar situation, where we have multiple products. I remember a while back installing a bunch of products on one computer and then seeing if the count would go up by that number. It didn't. So I'm guessing the count is correct.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

You're both right. The user count is a machine-based ID that is counted only once, regardless of how many products you have installed. As for the perception of them being off, that sounds like an opportunity for us to help you identify whether a serial or license is being abused. We'd need to provide something you could write to identify your software, and then let you report on it for circumstances where it's used more than you think it should be.

What if there was a mechanism where you could write a value and then see the various values and number of times they're used. Would that help at all?

Granted, I can talk about these things, but I must warn that they won't get into a release immediately. It'll take some planning within the current feature sets...

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

I'm open to suggestions, but mainly I wanted to be doubly sure that regardless of the number of products a customer installs using my update service, I'm only counted for 1 for each "user/terminal".
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Then you can be doubly sure. The agent keys on the machine, not on the product. That user will show up in multiple reports, for example, the product/version report for each of the products. But from a license standpoint, it's 1 user.

Kelly
neal007 wrote:
I'm open to suggestions, but mainly I wanted to be doubly sure that regardless of the number of products a customer installs using my update service, I'm only counted for 1 for each "user/terminal".
0 Kudos