cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MOsborne
Level 2

When do Unique Installations drop from the data

Jump to solution

We do send out a high volume of Trial Licenses, which are only good for 15 days.  This causes us to have a very high number of unique installations.  When do unique installs drop out of the data tracked in the Usage Intelligence product?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

The quota limit is based on installations which were active (i.e. synced) within a particular month. The quotas are then reset at 00:00 UTC on the first day of every month.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
cfarrugia
Flexera Alumni

By default, unique installations are considered as lost 40 days after their last active day. This number is configurable by accessing the Admin page and changing the "Date Declared Lost" number.

However, the "Active" number of installations is based on the date range that is selected on each report. A report that has a date range set as 1 March - 31 March, for example, will only show installations that were used during March. Therefore, an installation that was active on 28th February and then on 1st of April but never on March, would not appear as active during such report.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply and this is helpful.

I should have phrased my question better.  I'm more concerned about maxing out our accounts limit on unique installations.   So is there a point in time when the oldest unique installs, which have not been seen in a very long time, drop from this total count, which is being applied towards our total limit?

0 Kudos

The quota limit is based on installations which were active (i.e. synced) within a particular month. The quotas are then reset at 00:00 UTC on the first day of every month.

0 Kudos