cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toSilence
Level 3

Vcredist x86 2013 prerequisite

Hello

do anyone know if the ccredist x86 2013 prerequisite for installshield is available now?

Thanks

BR
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

Can't you just create one using the redistributable from Visual Studio. I am assuming Visual studio includes the redistributable. You can create a new PRQ and point to the redistributable and setup the conditions for the install. If you do not have access to it, it should be available for download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
0 Kudos
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

Here is an article on how to create your own prerequisite in InstallShield: http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield20helplib/Content/helplibrary/SetupPrereqEditor.htm
0 Kudos
toSilence
Level 3

Thanks for the quick response.

I created a new prerequisite based on the file from vcredist 2012 x86. I should also mention that we use Installshield 2010 and set our global "Installshield Prerequisites Location" = Download from the web

During install the setup told http://saturn installshield....2013.prq doesn't exist, which is right its still not existing. But if i delete the url the setup won't include the local install file (msi package) through my global setting.

But if i change the global prerequisite setting to "Follow Individual Selections" and tell each of my prerequisites to download by web, every download fails during installing setup. I think this is a bug.

So the only changes what we have now is to wait for an offical prerequisite, right?

Br
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

InstallShield will not have a PRQ file available for you, correct. But your install will include the PRQ file correct? Also, why would you want your PRQ file substituted with the PRQ file from InstallShield? That is basically what you are asking it to do. If you want you can host a PRQ file on your own web file server too and insert your own web page in this location provided. The PRQ file does not have to come from InstallShield.

I used to wonder about this field, basically it is a good way for you to host the PRQ file onsite. You can manage the PRQ file if you are downloading the file at your company. Then if something about the PRQ should change, like the download location for the file for instance, you can manually edit your PRQ, test the changes in a test environment, validate the changes, and then post to your production web environment. Then you do not have to rebuild your entire installer if the download location for the file changes for a file on Microsoft.com for instance.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Also, this is one point that caught me, if you customize your PRQ file, and use the download from web option; and do NOT change the AltPRQURL value then all of your customization is meaningless. The installer does not use your file, but instead does what you asked it to do. It downloads the default one from InstallShield and installs using the default settings. I fought for a week with a SQL Server 2012 Express download from the Web problem like this before I was set straight about what this value does. 🙂
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

If you want to download from the web for the file, you have to provide a valid web URL for the file. This is not the same as the PRQ file site. It has to be the same URL from which you download the file. I forget what that is right now. But in your prerequisite editor, there is a separate location to set. Under Files to Include click on the Modify button.
There is a file location and a URL to file.
For Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) the path is [noparse]http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/6/D/C6D0FD4E-9E53-4897-9B91-836EBA2AACD3/vcredist_x86.exe[/noparse]
I am not sure what it will be for the file you are looking for. Look in your browser history, the path may be there. Or go back to the download page and see if you can get it there. But this is what you are looking for.

Hopefully this helps.
0 Kudos
toSilence
Level 3

Hi
yes thank you. I already found the seperate location where to put my download url in. I downloaded the file and get the url with the tool fiddler.

I delete the path to .prq file.

Global setting: Download from the web
The setup try to download the package from the specified URL. The download works i can see it on the progress bar but after finish downloading the setup told me that the download of the prerequisite failed and it shows a dialog to choose: go on with the setup or end.

Global setting: Individual selection
The setup checks the prq file recognize its not existing and give me the same dialog as above. (without starting any download)

I think its a bug because it is only working correctly if you have an existing prq file (which i can see on my older prerequisite).

You are right if i would host and manage my own prq files i will get arround of this bug.
0 Kudos
vinicius_arruda
Level 2

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem: I made a .prq file manually but it still doesn't works because I can't re-direct to Flexera's site. After one year with this issue, there's a prerequisite file available for VC++ 2013? Or any way to use my *prq on setup without download it from web? thanks!
0 Kudos
luigi_bertozzin
Level 3

Create Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86).prq in
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites

for x64
Create Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x64).prq in
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites

0 Kudos
luigi_bertozzin
Level 3

Create in C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x64).prq for x64

Create in C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x64).prq for x86

Donwload vcredist_x86 da Microsoft and copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites\VC 2013 Redist\x86
Donwload vcredist_x64 da Microsoft and copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites\VC 2013 Redist\x64
0 Kudos