cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISNoob
Level 6

Installing installshield

Hi

I have already installed Installshield on a clean machine as I needed to build my project and make sure it worked. The project has been built fine using installshield 2008 on another standalone machine.
Now I would like to install installshield 2008 on to a server which we previously used for builds and migrate my new project on to that server (which currently has installshield 12).
Is this possible? Or would I have to uninstall installshield from the standalone machine (to free up the licence some how) and then install onto the build machine.
I have not tried installing Installshield 2008 yet on to the main build machine because all my projects are held there and I do not want to mess those up.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
chriscw
Level 6

The easiest way is indeed to uninstall from the standalone system first this does free up the licence. When you reinstall you do not need to re register the product because your existing registration stands. If you have problems do phone or email Accresso support they are quite helpful.
0 Kudos
chriscw
Level 6

Yes the easiest way is to uninstall your esisting copy then install on the server and the licence will be transferrred. You do not need to re register.
0 Kudos
ISNoob
Level 6

Thank you very much for your help on this. 🙂
0 Kudos