cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avundavalli
Level 4

Installed Package dosent support Edge and Chrome Browsers

I am packaging my application using InstallShield 2020 and when I install it the application (set of html pages) is accessible only on Internet Explorer and not on Chrome and Edge browsers. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi avundavalli,

Is that your created application launches only in IE or any weblink pages which you installed as part of the installer open in IE,   When you try to open the html pages manually in chrome or edge is it working 

Check your default browser is not set to IE, if its set to IE change it to edge or chrome and then try launching, 

0 Kudos

Hi Varul

The installed application launches only in IE. Nether the application or any of the pages within the application are launched in other browsers (edge, chrome). The default browser on my machine is set to Edge. Please let me know.

thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

avundavalli could you please explain how you are launching the application and from where are you launching the application,

like launching using the shortcut created or launching from IIS browse a site option.

0 Kudos

A shortcut is created as part of the installation. I double click on that and a blank page opens in Edge. When i right click and open with IE I see the content and able to navigate.
0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Could you please your project ism file? or the screenshot of shortcut like attached file 

0 Kudos

shortcut on my desktopshortcut on my desktop

i am not able to share the ISM file because it is proprietary information.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi Avundalli,

Without ism or shortcut details, it will be hard to check the cause, it might be due to shortcut is pointing to IE exe, you can refer the KB link for creating a shortcut using specific browser and see your shortcut is created only for IE exe

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Create-an-Internet-Shortcut-with-url-file-and-msedge-exe/ta-p/182679

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Will try this and let you know. Will also check if I can create a IS with dummy data and share it with you 

0 Kudos