- Revenera Community
- FlexNet Embedded
- FlexNet Embedded Forum
- Finding java exe from the flexnetls.bat file
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Finding java exe from the flexnetls.bat file
I got an issue setting up a self hosted FNE license server as a service and that got me looking in the flexnetls.bat file. The extract below got me confused.
for %%X in (java.exe) do (set FOUND=%%~$PATH:X) if not defined FOUND ( echo Error: Java executable not found in path, please check you system path variable. GOTO :eof ) IF NOT %JAVA_HOME% == "" ( SET JAVA_TO_USE=%JAVA_HOME% GOTO :foundJava ) IF NOT %JRE_HOME% == "" ( SET JAVA_TO_USE=%JRE_HOME% GOTO :foundJava ) ECHO Error: JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME must be defined GOTO :eof
The error I got installing the server as a service is
Error: Java executable not found in path, please check you system path variable.
Among the parameters to configure for the server is to specify a JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME environment variable which points to a jdk/jre installation. In my case, I didnt actually install Java but instead copied a JDK 1.8 folder from another machine pointed my JAVA_HOME to this folder.
So my questions are as follows:
1. if I have to define a JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME environment variable, should the extracted code above from the flexnetls.bat file, looking for the java.exe application, not look for java.exe in the JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME location?
2. if, like I said, I don't install Java but just point my JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME environment variable to a non-installed JDK/JRE folder, is there then an extra step to add the JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME variable to the PATH environment vairiable?
Hi @ageorge ,
1. Yes, the flexnetls.bat script will look for the system environment variable setting for JAVA_HOME.
2. Yes, the License Server Guide documents the prerequisite highlighted in embedded screen grab.
Hi @ejohnson1 ,
I'm not sure I follow your answers.
For #1, my point (or question) is why is the script NOT looking for the Java.exe application in the JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME location?
For #2, the guide document says to set the JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME system environment variable. It does not say whether that system environment variable should also be added to the PATH system environment variable.
From what I have gathered, it looks like the PATH environment variable should be able to locate java.exe so I will update my internal documentation accordingly.