Unable to launch the FlexNet Code Insight Detector application: Connection refused
SummaryThis article discusses how to resolve the exception: Connection Refused.
Upon trying to launch FlexNet Code Insight Detector, you receive the following exception in the Java console:
- Set -Djava.rmi.server.hostname in JAVA_OPTS in catalina.sh/catalina.bat.
- Ensure client machine can ping the server by the hostname in core.properties and scanEngine.properties.
- Make sure ports are open with telnet or nc on 1099, 2099, 4099, 5099, 61616.
- Drop firewall on current machine.
- Try "direct connection" in the java control panel settings: