Prevent My FlexNet Code Insight Scan from Hanging
SummaryThe purpose of this article is to enumerate the necessary materials to be sent to Flexera SoftwareSupport if your scan appears to be running for an unusually long period.
Sometimes, a FlexNet Code Insight scan appears to be running for an unusually long period. A common inquiry during these periods is whether the situation is normal, or if the scan is "hung" and needs to be forcefully restarted.
Scan times are affected by several factors like the size and composition of the scanned materials, scan settings, and available system resources. To determine the state of a running scan operation, Palamida Support will generally ask for a snapshot of the system.
If your scan appears to be hung or unresponsive, please contact Flexera Software Support.
1) All the logs in compressed/archived format from:
2) Generate Java thread dumps on the relevant Scan server. About 3 thread dumps, taken a couple of minutes apart each, is ideal. For detailed instructions on how to perform a thread dump, please Generating Thread Dumps for Support. Thread dumps allow Palamida Support to inspect the underlying Java operations and help determine the status of the Scan.
3) Screenshot of the Scheduler page with the Scan server selected in the dropdown menu. To do this, within the Palamida web UI > click on Scheduler on the top panel > select your Scan Server from the dropdown menu > take a screenshot of Task Queue.
4) Screenshot of the Scan settings. To do this, within the Palamida web UI > click on your project > click on the Workspaces tab > click on your Workspace Name > select Workspace Resources from the dropdown menu > click on Edit Workspace Settings > click on Detection tab. It should look like this:
5) scan.properties file from the relevant Palamida Scan server, found at
6) Approximate size of the Scan materials. If possible, please follow the instructions for the Palamida Code Metrics Tool to generate detailed code statistics.