cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ovend22
Level 2

Scanning a Golang project results in 0 inventory items

I uploaded the codebase of a golang project and after the scan the inventory reports 0 items.

- Is Go supported in the scan ecosystem?

- Is any configuration step needed to be able to scan a Go codebae in Code Insight Scan?

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
mruscetta
Level 3

If your Code Insight servers are behind a firewall, you may want to check the logs to see if there are failures accessing external url:  https://proxy.golang.org/github.com

This url is missing from the admin documentation 'External URLs' section thru release 2022R2 (7.20).  I ran into that problem when attempting to scan go, and ending up with 0 inventory items.  Also note that Code Insight detects top-level inventory and direct deps for go projects. Also only detects go components from GitHub forge.

0 Kudos
jwilliams2022
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi @ovend22,

Thank you for your message. Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response. I can confirm that Go is supported for Top Level Inventory in The latest version of Code Insight. It is also possible to generate 1st level Go dependencies using a go.mod manifest file. Unfortunately transitive dependency scanning for Go is not currently supported.

Full detail of supported ecosystems are available in the User Guide available for each release of Code Insight from the Documentation page of our Community.

If you are still encountering issues with your Go scans, please raise a support case and our Support team will be happy to assist you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos