cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremyblock
Level 3

2019 R1 git config

Jump to solution

I am setting up 2019 R1 and trying to add a git repository (My core server and scan server are on separate machines, both windows machines)

When I go to test the connection when setting up a new project I get an error:

com.palamida.plugin.prescan.api.PrescanPluginException: Git client is not configured on scan server.

On the scan server git is installed and does work from the command prompt.

The log on the scan server indicates that the plugin is loaded

2019-06-18 15:54:42,942 INFO  [FelixDispatchQueue] [PluginContainer] Plugin com.palamida.plugin.git_prescan_plugin 1.0.0.15 installed

But something must not be set correctly

Caused by: com.palamida.plugin.prescan.api.PrescanPluginException: Git client is not configured on scan server.
        at com.palamida.plugin.prescan.GitPrescanServiceImpl.testGitClient(GitPrescanServiceImpl.java:205)
        at com.palamida.plugin.prescan.GitPrescanServiceImpl.validatePluginProperties(GitPrescanServiceImpl.java:61)
        at com.palamida.scanner2.plugins.PrescanPluginServiceImpl.validatePrescanPluginProperties(PrescanPluginServiceImpl.java:76)

How do I configure git on the scan server to make this work.

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

This is now resolved.

I was performing other work on the server and performed a restart. I am guessing the ENV variables were not getting loaded prior to the restart of the box.

It is not working correctly.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
alexrybak
Revenera
Revenera
Hi Jeremy,

Can you please check if the Git executable is in the path for the scan server and accessible to the user under whom Tomcat is running.

-Alex
0 Kudos

Yes it is.

in the system env section for PATH I have both (Originally it was just cmd, but I added the bin to see if that made a difference).

C:\Program Files\Git\cmd

C:\Program Files\Git\bin

I can confirm the user has access to it because both originally and now I can open up the terminal and browse to the tomcat bin dir and before launching the startup.bat I can run "git help -a" and it returns the help menu.

Then I launch the scan server with startup.bat

No errors are present, but when the core server tries to test a git connection when setting up a git repo on the core server the terminal on the scan server throws an error

2019-07-12 09:02:08,767 ERROR [http-nio-8888-exec-7] [PluginRestService] Prescan properties validation failed.
com.palamida.datamodel.BusinessException: com.palamida.plugin.prescan.api.PrescanPluginException: Git client is not configured on scan server.
        at com.palamida.scanner2.plugins.PrescanPluginServiceImpl.validatePrescanPluginProperties(PrescanPluginServiceImpl.java:78)
        at com.palamida.scannerrest.PluginRestService.validatePrescanProperties(PluginRestService.java:49)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory$1.invoke(ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory.java:81)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher$1.run(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:144)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.invoke(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:161)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.JavaResourceMethodDispatcherProvider$TypeOutInvoker.doDispatch(JavaResourceMethodDispatcherProvider.java:205)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.dispatch(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:99)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.invoke(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:389)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.apply(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:347)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.apply(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:102)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$2.run(ServerRuntime.java:326)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:271)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:267)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:267)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(RequestScope.java:317)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime.process(ServerRuntime.java:305)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler.handle(ApplicationHandler.java:1154)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.java:473)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:427)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:388)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:341)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:228)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
        at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:316)
        at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:114)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
        at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:122)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:111)
        at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:169)
        at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:48)
        at com.palamida.security.auth.JwtAuthenticationFilter.successfulAuthentication(JwtAuthenticationFilter.java:57)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:245)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:120)
        at org.springframework.security.web.header.HeaderWriterFilter.doFilterInternal(HeaderWriterFilter.java:64)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
        at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:91)
        at org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:53)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:213)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:176)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:347)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:263)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:493)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:81)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:650)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:342)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:800)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:806)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1498)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.palamida.plugin.prescan.api.PrescanPluginException: Git client is not configured on scan server.
        at com.palamida.plugin.prescan.GitPrescanServiceImpl.testGitClient(GitPrescanServiceImpl.java:205)
        at com.palamida.plugin.prescan.GitPrescanServiceImpl.validatePluginProperties(GitPrescanServiceImpl.java:61)
        at com.palamida.scanner2.plugins.PrescanPluginServiceImpl.validatePrescanPluginProperties(PrescanPluginServiceImpl.java:76)
0 Kudos

This is now resolved.

I was performing other work on the server and performed a restart. I am guessing the ENV variables were not getting loaded prior to the restart of the box.

It is not working correctly.

Thanks

0 Kudos