cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlexeraFan
Level 5

How to make a masked edit control on a dialog box

Jump to solution

I have a dialog box which prompts for a username and password. So how can I mask the text box control which accepts the password?  On the toolbar I see a button labeled "Masked Edit:, but the button is not selectable. In fact all of the buttons to the right of the "Icon" button are visible but not selectable. I am using an InstallScript project using IS 2016.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @FlexeraFan ,

You can make edit field control as masked edit by making Password property to true:Which is property of editfield control

Password

Basic MSI, InstallScript, InstallScript MSI, InstallScript Object, Merge Module

If you want this control to behave like a password control, only showing an asterisk (*) in place of each character, select True. If you want this control to behave like a normal edit field control, select False.

Dialog controls get enabled/disabled based on project type for which you could see few controls disabled for installscript projects.

Below link shows dialog controls associated with project types:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield23helplib/helplibrary/DialogControls.htm

Thanks,

Jenifer

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @FlexeraFan ,

You can make edit field control as masked edit by making Password property to true:Which is property of editfield control

Password

Basic MSI, InstallScript, InstallScript MSI, InstallScript Object, Merge Module

If you want this control to behave like a password control, only showing an asterisk (*) in place of each character, select True. If you want this control to behave like a normal edit field control, select False.

Dialog controls get enabled/disabled based on project type for which you could see few controls disabled for installscript projects.

Below link shows dialog controls associated with project types:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield23helplib/helplibrary/DialogControls.htm

Thanks,

Jenifer

Much appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos