How to make QuickPatch project build successfully when adding a file greater than 2GB to the patch?
I am making a QuickPatch. For our business purpose I need to add a 2.2 GB file to the patch. It failed to build. The PatchCreation.log showed "ERROR: Cannot execute MAKECAB.EXE". I ran MakeCab.exe with the 2.2 GB file and received an error "(FCIAddFile) Data-size or file-count exceeded CAB format limits". So I guess the 2.2 GB file exceeds the 1.99 GB limit of MakeCab.exe.
I tried to split the 2.2 GB file into three smaller files and added the three files to the patch, InstallShield failed with the same error.
Is there a way to resolve this such as allowing the patch to have multiple CAB files instead of one (which is supported in the Basic MSI project). Or increase the CAB file limit?
The following list outlines the limitations with CAB files:
1. Multi-part CABs can get the total size of a set of files past 2GB, possibly to 64K * 2GB, but no one file can exceed 2GB.
2. Maximum size of all files in one folder (uncompressed) 2GB
3. Maximum size of all files in one folder (compressed) 2GB
4. Maximum size of a CAB file (compressed) 2GB
5. Maximum number of files in a single CAB 64K