cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mary
Level 3

How do I get the MS Office Access database engine 2007 redistributable included?

In the redistributables tab, I have Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 Client checked and also Microsoft Office 2007 PIA, but the database engine is not installing, and I'm having to send my users to the Microsoft website to download and install it-- not a very professional scenario!

That shows up in my control panel as C:\Program Files (x86)\MSECache\AceRedist\1033, which has a file AceRedist.msi in it. Am I supposed to do something with that, include it somehow? If so where? This is my first time using InstallShield (Limited Edition), so please be gentle about my ignorance.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

After selecting a redistributable you may configure how it should be included in the setup.

Right click on the prerequisite and select properties.

Here you may set the prerequisite to download from web or Install with the setup.

Also navigate to the releases view and set the Installshield Prerequisite Location field.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
mary
Level 3

I changed the setup properties for the Microsoft Office 2007 PIA to extract from Setup, as you suggested. It installed the Microsoft Office Access Runtime (2007), but my user is still getting the error "The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine." This error goes away when he downloads from this website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyId=7554f536-8c28-4598-9b72-ef94e038c891&displayLang=en

How do I get this included in the install?
0 Kudos
mary
Level 3

Continuing to work this issue:

Download from the web option:
Generates the following warnings,
Warning 1 Cannot find wrapper assembly for type library "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Dao".
Warning 2 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Dao' could not be found.

and then a build fails, with the following error
Error 4 -7070: You have choosen to download the InstallShield prerequisite files for PRQ file Microsoft Office 2007 PIA.prq. This InstallShield prerequisite does not contain download information. ISEXP : error : -7070: You have choosen to download the InstallShield prerequisite files for PRQ file Microsoft Office 2007 PIA.prq. This InstallShield prerequisite does not contain download information.

Copy from Source Media:
Build fails, generates 3 errors:
Error 3 -6103: Could not find file "C:\Users\Mary\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BrainNodes\BrainNodes\obj\x86\Release\BrainNodes.exe" ISEXP : error : -6103: Could not find file "C:\Users\Mary\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BrainNodes\BrainNodes\obj\x86\Release\BrainNodes.exe"
Error 4 -6271: File C:\Users\Mary\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BrainNodes\BrainNodes\obj\x86\Release\BrainNodes.exe not found. An error occurred building the MsiFileHash table record for this file. Verify that the file exists in the specified location. ISEXP : error : -6271: File C:\Users\Mary\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BrainNodes\BrainNodes\obj\x86\Release\BrainNodes.exe not found. An error occurred building the MsiFileHash table record for this file. Verify that the file exists in the specified location.
Error 5 -6417: Internal build error ISEXP : error : -6417: Internal build error

Extract from Setup.exe generates the same warnings and errors.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

To use the Microsoft Office 2007 PIA prerequisite, download the PrimaryInteropAssembly.exe file from Microsoft’s Web site and run it to extract the o2007pia.msi file. Note that you may need to change the path of the o2007pia.msi installation in the .prq file, depending on where the .msi package is located on your system.

The .prq file can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2011LE\SetupPrerequisites.

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos