cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera and Cyberark

Hello,

If I manage accounts used for installation and operation of FNMS (as attached picture) in CyberArk, will there be any problem to FNMS?

If not, how can I integrate Cyberark with FNMS servers?

(2) Solutions
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Depending on where exactly which account was used during installation and is still set up right now, you might run into issues when CyberArk changes AD passwords for these accounts.

Typically that would be the service account as it would be set up to run:

• Scheduled tasks
  • Services (Batch Processor, Scheduler, Beacon)
  • IIS Application Pools

I guess there are multiple ways to use CyberArk, one would be to enforce regular password changes. I don't see a real integration with FNMS, at least not out of the box.

It would be useful to understand more of the context, specific integration and requirements, to understand what level of integration (and possibly customization) would actually make sense.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

@anhpham1652 - The FNMS Integration to CyberArk is for agentless inventory, not for the FNMS Services accounts.  As stated by @mfranz, if the Password of a Service Account is changes, it requires a reconfiguration of your FNMS Infrastructure as the password of the service account must be updated in many places (Running Services, Scheduled Tasks, IIS Pools, etc.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Depending on where exactly which account was used during installation and is still set up right now, you might run into issues when CyberArk changes AD passwords for these accounts.

Typically that would be the service account as it would be set up to run:

• Scheduled tasks
  • Services (Batch Processor, Scheduler, Beacon)
  • IIS Application Pools

I guess there are multiple ways to use CyberArk, one would be to enforce regular password changes. I don't see a real integration with FNMS, at least not out of the box.

It would be useful to understand more of the context, specific integration and requirements, to understand what level of integration (and possibly customization) would actually make sense.

Best regards,

Markward

JJacildo
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello,

Please see the link below in regards to configuring CyberArk integration.

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2021R1/EN/SystemRef/index.html#SysRef/CyberArk/tasks/ConfigCyberArk.html

HTH

@anhpham1652 - The FNMS Integration to CyberArk is for agentless inventory, not for the FNMS Services accounts.  As stated by @mfranz, if the Password of a Service Account is changes, it requires a reconfiguration of your FNMS Infrastructure as the password of the service account must be updated in many places (Running Services, Scheduled Tasks, IIS Pools, etc.)