cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElenaN
Level 6

where language names of “Choose Setup Language” dialog are stored?

Hi

Does anyone know where language names which are shown in drop-down list of “Choose Setup Language” dialog are stored?

It should be somewhere in windows directory because these names depend on the language of OS….

Thanks in advance for any help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
JStone
Level 3

Hope you have the required language packs installed. In the IDE, go to Tools -> Add New Language -> Select the required language ->Nagivate and complete the steps.

In the IDE, under the Installation Designer -> Installation Information -> General Information -> Project Properties -> In the right side properties panel, Select "Setup Languages" -> You should be able to select the required language from the available languages listed there.

I am not sure what project type, what edition of Installshield you are using.
0 Kudos
ElenaN
Level 6

No, I’m sorry but my question was not properly understood

I have Basic MSI multi-language project.

When I run my setup.exe on English OS the name of English language (for example) in “Choose Setup Language” drop-down list is “Englist (United States)“. But when I run same setup.exe on Russian OS it’s “Английский (США)”.

In 0x0409.ini file in InstallShield’s installation directory under [Languages] node only name for Chinese is present. But I would like to know where all the rest language names are stored.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

These strings are pulled from the operating system itself; the Chinese language names you see are used as overrides. I don't recall whether you can add others to use them as overrides or not.
0 Kudos
ElenaN
Level 6

I checked – it’s possible to overwrite any language name in a same way as Chinese. For example:
0x0407=Deutsch (German)
0x0410=Italiano (Italian)
The only trick is to place language identifiers (0x0407 etc.) in ascending order

And the only problem – is non-Unicode-ness of setup’s ini files :rolleyes:
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

For what it's worth, IS2009 should support a Unicode setup.ini file, at least if you build with the Unicode setup.exe. Until the setup.exe is Unicode, it cannot generally display characters off the current ANSI Code Page, so it would result in at least some unreadable strings even if you could enter them. If that's not a problem for you, you might be able to use each language's default ANSI Code Page for the actual bytes you enter as its override...
0 Kudos